I have to keep organized, or I will fail miserably! We have a special sanity saving routine that is a life saver! I have over simplified my routine to the point where everyone in the house can follow it! It is magical!
Here is my Sunday afternoon routine:
- Make sure all events are confirmed
- Update todo list
- Set alarms/reminders in my phone for events (to give me a heads up if I forget)
- The kids have a bag for each of their activities; soccer bag, dance bag etc. The kids know what uniforms and equipment they need for the week, so they are responsible for collecting and packing it all. The littles are helped by the big kids.
- All bags are hung on the weekly hooks and they stay there until we leave for the event they are intended for! (HUGE lifesaver!)
- I make my menus a month at a time, so I use Sundays to set aside all of the non perishables that I will be using that week. I place the items in their special place in the pantry and make sure I have everything I need in the fridge/freezer for the week of meals.
- Prepare list of any fresh produce items needed for the week.
- This is my most commonly neglected step. I try to stay in the habit of practicing what I preach to the kiddos by planning the items I will need for the week. I often forget the importance of taking care of myself.
- Set out clothes: I don't actuyally set out full outfits until the night before, but I will check the weather, set my clothes out for tomorrow and look through what is clean to keep in mind what I might like to wear throughout the week.
- Clean out/organize purse. If I don't do this once a week, I will never do it, and I am pretty sure you will find live animals living in there.
- At dinner time or just some time before bed, I talk to the whole family about that we need to do for the coming week. It might be all the same ole stuff, or all new, but either way it is important that we are all on the same page.
Hope this helps at least one of my readers... It has been an amazing help for me.